Recommendations stemming from the focus group:
- Digital technologies should come in various languages and not just the main EU languages;
- Internet access should be free or, at least, reduced in price and accessible in all public spaces;
- Adult educators working with migrant women should be trained in violence against women and girls & clearly acknowledge that the latter is one of the main barriers for migrant women in the digital world i.e. how can a woman suffering violence look for online help under the control of an abusive partner?
- Digital training facilities should include the possibility of childcare for migrant mothers who wish to pursue their informal or formal education;
- Free internet access in shelters and organisations for victims of male violence as well as reception centres for asylum-seekers;
- Access to digital material (laptops, computers, tablets) in shelters and organisations for victims of male violence as well as reception centres for asylum-seekers;
- As the current pandemic has only accelerated the shift towards digitalisation, to give the opportunity to migrant and refugee women to enter the digital labour market by accessing available digital training in their country. Such digital training should not be mixed i.e. same sex lessons and training.