EQUAL RIGHTS AND FAIR TREATMENT FOR MIGRANT AND REFUGEE WOMEN AND GIRLS OF DIFFERENT ETHNIC BACKGROUNDS LIVING IN EUROPE
To combat discrimination and promote the rights and interests of migrant and refugee women within the European Union through coordinated advocacy, exchange of information, capacity building activities, projects and events and representing ENoMW members at both the European and the National level
- To promote equal treatment, equal rights and better integration for migrant women in Europe.
- To provide regular input on all areas of EU policy development and implementation that have an impact on migrant women’s lives.
- To help shape social policies and design action programmes addressing migrant women’s specific needs.
- To represent member’s organisations and lobby for and with migrant women to have a stronger voice at the international, European and state level.
- To support and empower migrant women organisations and movements through training, resources and collobarative actions
- The ENoMW adheres to human rights standards and international commitments.
- The ENoMW acknowledges the gendered dimension of immigration.
- The ENoMW believes that the migration and asylum policies and legislation should be gender sensitive and reflect the fact that migration affects women and men differently.
- The ENoMW acknowledges that migrant women are affected by Violence against Women in a way that exacerbates their negative experiences, due to racism, gender insensitive migration policies as well as lack of family support, cultural exclusion, legal, economic and communication barriers.
- The ENoMW believes that the protection of the dignity, integrity and privacy of migrant women throughout the process of immigration , asylum and integration are paramount in fulfilling full human rights of migrant women.
- The ENoMW recognises that migrant women organisations in Europe play a crucial role in facilitating integration of migrant women by providing information, education and counselling