EQUAL RIGHTS AND FAIR TREATMENT FOR MIGRANT AND REFUGEE WOMEN AND GIRLS OF DIFFERENT ETHNIC BACKGROUNDS LIVING IN EUROPE - FREE FROM VIOLENCE, OPPRESSION AND DISCRIMINATION
We strive to combat discrimination and promote the rights and interests of migrant and refugee women within the Europe through coordinated advocacy, exchange of information, capacity building activities, projects and events and representing ENoMW members at both the European and the National level
- To promote equal treatment, equal rights and better integration for migrant women in Europe.
- To provide regular input on all areas of EU policy development and implementation that have an impact on migrant women’s lives.
- To help shape social policies and design action programmes addressing migrant women’s specific needs.
- To represent member’s organisations and lobby for and with migrant women to have a stronger voice at the international, European and state level.
- To support and empower migrant women organisations and movements through training, resources and collobarative actions
- The ENoMW adheres to human rights standards and international commitments.
- The ENoMW acknowledges the gendered dimension of immigration.
- The ENoMW believes that the migration and asylum policies and legislation should be gender sensitive and reflect the fact that migration affects women and men differently.
- The ENoMW acknowledges that migrant women are affected by Violence against Women in a way that exacerbates their negative experiences, due to racism, gender insensitive migration policies as well as lack of family support, cultural exclusion, legal, economic and communication barriers.
- The ENoMW believes that the protection of the dignity, integrity and privacy of migrant women throughout the process of immigration , asylum and integration are paramount in fulfilling full human rights of migrant women.
- The ENoMW recognises that migrant women organisations in Europe play a crucial role in facilitating integration of migrant women by providing information, education and counselling
OUR FEMINIST VALUES
♀ ENOMW is a female-only migrant women led organisation that recognises historic structural exclusion of women of colour, ethnic minorities women, migrant and refugee women in Europe.
♀ We recognise the unique and indispensable role of migrant women led organisations in creating safe spaces for the women of migrant descent. We are committed to strengthening migrant women's leadership, increasing their visibility and celebrating their contributions into European societies.
♀ ENOMW recognises that females are a universally and uniquely oppressed group. Discrimination against women is an outcome of globally manifest patriarchal norms and traditions that crosscut ethnic, cultural, economic and age differences.
♀ As a secular platform ENOMW affirms the importance of separation of religion and state. Practicing a religion is an individual freedom that should not interfere with other individual and collective freedoms. Being secular does not exclude having a religious conviction and/or practicing a religion.
♀ No cultural, ethnic or religious practices can or should justify infringement on or violation of universal human rights of women and girls. Any ideas of "cultural relativism" that naturalise inequalities between the sexes are incompatible with ENOMW core values and international human rights framework.
♀ ENOMW recognises that gender is a social construct imposed on individuals based on their sex through artificially designed patriarchal roles & stereotypes. Those are damaging to all and are particularly harmful for women. Eliminating gender stereotypes is paramount to fulfilling women's human rights.
♀ ENOMW acknowledges females’ unique sexual-reproductive capacity. We recognise the control and violence the women have been subjected to historically on basis of this capacity (FGM, denial of abortion/contraception, forced marriage, sterilisation, rape, among others). ENOMW is committed to exposing, preventing and combating ALL forms of violence and discrimination aimed at limiting, controlling and exploiting female sexuality and female reproductive biology.
♀ ENOMW believes that sexual desire and consent can never be obtained through commercial transactions. We recognise that every woman, regardless of her economic or social status, has the right to sexual relationship based on equality, mutuality and respect, free from psychological, physical or material coercion, pressure or manipulation.
♀ ENOMW recognises that the sex trade, prostitution, pornography and other forms of exploitation of female sexuality are outcomes of unequal power relations between women and men, male economic privilege & sexual entitlement and sexual objectification & commodification of women. They constitute one of the most pervasive forms of violence and discrimination against women.
♀ ENOMW acknowledges that male violence is a pandemic problem affecting women across cultures, classes and ethnicities and manifest at inter-personal, familial, communal and institutional levels. We are committed to political goals of eliminating systemic root causes of this violence.