EQUAL RIGHTS AND FAIR TREATMENT FOR MIGRANT AND REFUGEE WOMEN AND GIRLS OF DIFFERENT ETHNIC BACKGROUNDS LIVING IN EUROPE
To combat discrimination and promote the rights and interests of migrant and refugee women within the European Union through coordinated advocacy, exchange of information, capacity building activities, projects and events and representing ENoMW members at both the European and the National level
- To promote equal treatment, equal rights and better integration for migrant women in Europe.
- To provide regular input on all areas of EU policy development and implementation that have an impact on migrant women’s lives.
- To help shape social policies and design action programmes addressing migrant women’s specific needs.
- To represent member’s organisations and lobby for and with migrant women to have a stronger voice at the international, European and state level.
- To support and empower migrant women organisations and movements through training, resources and collobarative actions
- The ENoMW adheres to human rights standards and international commitments.
- The ENoMW acknowledges the gendered dimension of immigration.
- The ENoMW believes that the migration and asylum policies and legislation should be gender sensitive and reflect the fact that migration affects women and men differently.
- The ENoMW acknowledges that migrant women are affected by Violence against Women in a way that exacerbates their negative experiences, due to racism, gender insensitive migration policies as well as lack of family support, cultural exclusion, legal, economic and communication barriers.
- The ENoMW believes that the protection of the dignity, integrity and privacy of migrant women throughout the process of immigration , asylum and integration are paramount in fulfilling full human rights of migrant women.
- The ENoMW recognises that migrant women organisations in Europe play a crucial role in facilitating integration of migrant women by providing information, education and counselling
ENOMW FEMINIST CHECK LIST
ENOMW is a multi-ethnic secular umbrella organisation with the core values rooted in EQUALITY, JUSTICE AND FEMINISM.
ENOMW is a female-only migrant women led organisation that recognises historic structural exclusion of women of colour, ethnic minorities women, migrant and refugee women in Europe.
We recognise the unique and indispensable role of migrant women led organisations in creating safe spaces for the women of migrant descent. We are committed to strengthening migrant women’s leadership, increasing their visibility and celebrating their contributions into European societies.
ENOMW recognises that females are a universally and uniquely oppressed group. Discrimination against women is an outcome of globally present patriarchal norms and traditions.
No cultural, ethnic or religious practices can or should justify infringement on or violation of universal human rights of women and girls.
ENOMW recognises that discrimination against women is historically entrenched in structural inequalities between women and men and is linked to other patriarchal projects such as colonialism, imperialism, war-fare and exploitation of natural resources.
The sex-based discrimination of women is intrinsically linked with and compounded by other forms of oppression based on ‘race’, ethnicity, class, age, legal status, disability and sexual orientation.
ENOMW recognises that gender is a harmful construct imposed on individuals through socially constructed roles and is particularly damaging for women’s lives. Eliminating gender stereotypes is paramount to fulfilling women’s human rights.
ENOMW believes that sexual desire and consent can never be mitigated through commercial transactions. We recognise that every woman, regardless of her economic or social status, has the right for sexual relationship based on mutuality, free from psychological, physical or material coercion or pressure.
ENOMW acknowledges females’ unique sexual-reproductive capacity. We recognise the control and violence the women have been subjected to historically on basis of this capacity.
ENOMW is committed to exposing, preventing and combatting ALL forms of violence and discrimination aimed at limiting, controlling and exploiting female sexuality and female reproductive biology.
ENOMW acknowledges that male violence is a pandemic problem affecting women across cultures, classes and ethnicities and manifest at inter-personal, familial, communal and institutional levels. We are committed to political goals of eliminating systemic root causes of this violence